The Wound Treatment Center at East Alabama Medical Center is an outpatient clinic focused on the treatment of difficult, non-healing wounds. Our Center is dedicated to the healing of chronic wounds: wounds that have failed to proceed, in a timely manner, through the body's own mechanisms of healing. Our goals of service are:
- Decrease the wound healing time of all our patients,
- Prevent future and/or recurrent wounds, and
- Improve the quality of life for our patients.
The Wound Center is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The Center includes four treatment rooms, a consultation room, a central nursing and waiting area, and a hyperbaric suite. The Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) suite contains 2 Perry Sigma 34 hyperbaric chambers for use in delivering hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
We are located on the campus of East Alabama Medical Center across the parking lot from the Surgery Center. For more information on our services, or to make an appointment give us a call.
Wound Treatment Center Team
A multi-disciplinary team of doctors including general, plastic and vascular surgeons, and an infectious disease physician provide care for our patients at the Center. During your visit, your care will be delivered by one of the following physicians on our Medical Staff:
The center is also made up of a professional staff that includes:
- Nurses trained in the care of chronic wounds;
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies;
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing.